Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer slacker

I say summer slacker only referring to the blog, because this summer we have been everything BUT slacking. I can't believe I last wrote about Hudson turning one. As of yesterday, (August 19th) Hudson is 16 months old. My, how 16 months flies. Not to mention how Hudson has changed a ton since that one year mark. He's doing big boy things now. He walks, he talks (you know, the kind of talk that sixteen month olds do- but that counts too, right?) he climbs, he falls, he slides down slides. I really love this age. But this age also has it's challenges (like every other one so far....) Hudson can do so much more, but he doesn't really understand things. (Like why I'm the boss, and why the boss says NO so much) If I could only explain to him that he could really hurt himself by trying to climb the gate up the stairs or "surf" in his wagon going down the street. I joke about this being challenging, but I really truly love it. I love all the things he can do right now, and just like every stage, I mean when I say I wish I could freeze him right now. However, it won't matter how hard I wish that- this child is growing like a weed. At his last check up he was 33 inches tall and 24 pounds. He looks much older than he really is because of how big he is.

Back to what's been going on this summer- two of our best friends got married. Charlie's buddy Mark tied the knot in New Orleans. We went minus baby to NOLA and had a ball. My best friend Ginny got married in Captiva Florida, and Hudson was the ring bearer. Both Charlie's family as well as mine were there, so it was nice to see family too. We made a beach trip to Destin with Charlie's side of the family (including brother, sister in law, and baby which was awesome). We have been to McComb of course to spend time with my side of the family (where we discovered Hudson loves being in the boat with Uncle Chris) and Charlie also had his ten year reunion. My best friend Heather had baby Hinton (who is perfect in every way) and also my friend and neighbor, Jasmin and Brad just had their precious baby boy. It has been very exciting around here.


Hudson and Hayes on their "beach bash"

Sweet little beach baby.

Hudson with his Mamaw in Captiva.



Fun beach pics.
Gorgeous bride, beautiful wedding.


That's a summarized version of our busy, hectic and fun summer. We are already looking forward to fall, football season, holidays, and spending time with family.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment